Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Listeners comments

It is with a full heart that I write to you today, for I have just listened to Navy News using my "Faberge Egg" supplied by yourselves, together with my first memory stick. Result? Miraculous. The clarity is really superb. Just like all you good people are, who work so hard recording for us through out the Year. We out here really do appreciate all your efforts. A very Happy Christmas to you all, and a bright and Happy New Year. Mr Dix - December 2009.

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that I have regained the sight in my right eye after a cornea transplant. May I say what a wonderful service you have provided me with and I thank you dearly, and may your service go from strength to strength in the future, however I am pleased to say for the foreseeable future I will read my Navy News in paper form. Mr Joy - April 2011

Thank you for the very interesting article on John Pounds. I went to John Pounds School. I gave the circular plaque inside the centre part of the display, it came from the old school. The headmistress, Mary Bray and I were friends, that is how I came by it. John Pounds was a subject dear to our hearts. Thank you, Angela - 2012

I really enjoy the nostalgia (Yesterday) memory sticks especially the piece about the Dockyard workers. My husband, Alan, was one of them for a few years before being invited onto the recording staff. Then he had to be in well before the other men and stayed on after they left. I hope that you soon find a permanent home and continue with your welcome recordings. Gill - March 2016

Thank you Trevor, D-Day supplement, much appreciated. Angela - July 2019

Thank you for recordings and sending out to my mother - Maisie from PO2. She has really missed listening to your wonderful work - Many thanks from me too, Susan x Susan 2020 (This was after lockdown after Covid19, first wave)